Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Out of Touch

Sorry we have been out of touch lately. Reality has finally hit the Wiedel household. Courtney and Ernie are working hard up at Mt. Hutt and have had a fantastic season. Lots of snow, some bad weather days where the mountain was closed, some adventurous search and rescue times and lots of avalanche training. Ernie has been certified fully operational as an Avalanche Search and Rescue dog. He and two other dogs from Mt. Hutt are the Canterbury search and rescue dogs for the whole region. Courtney is very proud of his dog!
I have received a long term substitute teaching position at the Methven Primary School for the remainder of the school year (Christmas). I am teaching 9 and 10 year olds and am loving it. Very similar curriculums, expectations, kids, staff, etc. Some different activities like "Pet Day" where kids get to bring their pet lambs, calves, dogs, horses, chickens... and parade them around the school grounds for an afternoon. Teachers judged the pets. I was in charge of chickens, birds, and fish. What do I know about Chickens????? Very fun day, though.
Fishing season started October 1 so we are excited to get back out to the rivers and streams and see if they have gotten any bigger. It will be an interesting first part of the season due to heavy snows up high and lots of run off. That won't stop us, though.
More pictures to come soon.
We miss everyone and hope to hear from you soon.

No comments: